DIAGNOdent Cavity Detection
What hidden on your teeth? While 80% of tooth decay occurs on surface of the tooth, they can remain undetected using conventional procedures and instruments.
DIAGNOdent is a simple, fast, and painless diagnostic tool that aids in early cavity detection.
Since even the smallest spot of decay can threaten the integrity of the entire tooth, finding and filling cavities is the key to preventing further problems of all kinds. DIAGNOdent laser, one of the industry’s best most accurate caries detection aids, allows us to detect areas of decay sooner and with more precision. The result is we are able to help you protect and preserve your teeth and smile!
Early cavity detection means that fillings are simpler, shallower and that filling procedures are less invasive, which preserves more of the tooth structure.
How it Works
The DIAGNOdent laser is completely harmless to your mouth tissue and doesn’t require protective eyewear. It quickly measures fluorescence within the tooth structure. A healthy tooth structure exhibits little or no fluorescence, resulting in low scale readings on the display. A tooth that has decay will exhibit fluorescence, proportionate to the degree of decay, resulting in elevated readings on the display. The procedure is quick, pain-free and has no additional fees for its use.
- Is conservative by avoiding exploratory excavation of suspect teeth.
- Calibrates to your teeth by scanning one of your cleaned surface areas
- Extremely accurate diagnostic aid; proven to be over 90% accurate.
- No scratching probe: simple, fast and painless examination.
- Accurate visual representation
- Findings assisted by visual and acoustic signals
- No x-ray exposure!
- Teeth are scanned within minutes
- Flexible and mobile unit (battery operated)